You might be wondering what your newborn could possibly take away from a music class and how old they have to be before they can benefit. But the truth is, it's never too early to get babies started in class! Your little one is a natural-born music-maker, ready to start learning music at birth.
We know screen time isn’t generally recommended for babies, but here’s the difference: YOU! We give you the tools so that you can engage and educate your baby, but the most imortant thing to your baby is YOUR active participation! Your teacher will be on the screen, but it is truly the interaction of the parent/caregiver with the child that is going to continue their music development! We will also give you lots of fun activities and ideas to do at home while we’re all looking for WHAT to do!
As in everything, you are your baby's first and best teacher. But don't get nervous! When you sing in the car and dance in the living room, you're showing your baby how to make music and that making music is important to your family. That's all your baby needs from you—musically, at least! (Food, clothing, and shelter are useful, too.)
In the Music Together Babies class, for infants from birth through 8 months, you'll learn a lot of fun musical activities for babies. You'll also learn to recognize which of your baby's behaviors are musical so that you can support their development at the time when your baby's brain is at its most receptive. The Babies class has other benefits, too! Singing and dancing with your baby is a beautiful way for the two of you to bond. And making music with other parents of newborns is a great way to make new friends in your community who are as sleep deprived as you!
The babies class includes:
- One 20-30 minute Zoom class with your favorite Heartsong Music teacher and other parents/caregivers and their children who are also enrolled in your Zoom class! Zoom classes will be held at your registered class time. This will be a great way to continue making Music Together with a virtual class, and be live with your Music Together teacher each week. Your teacher will email you an invitation to your weekly Zoom class when you register. It won't be necessary for you to purchase any additional software in order to access this feature. All you will need is a laptop, cell phone, or tablet!
- One 20-30 minute prerecorded video with your favorite Heartsong Music teacher each week. Pre-recorded videos will be posted on our website on Mondays by 7am. The video classes will be found on our Enrolled Family Portal on our website. Upon registration, you will receive an email welcome letter with a passcode for the Enrolled Family Portal. You can watch the videos when it is best for your whole family. The videos will be available for the entire 6 weeks of our Summer Session. Your passcode will also allow you to watch any of our other teachers' prerecorded videos! So you will have access to unlimited classes each week, for the whole 6-week Summer Session!
- Your passcode will also allow you to watch any of our teachers' prerecorded videos! So you will have access to unlimited classes each week, as long as we are doing Music Together Online!
- The KAZOO song collection will be available for you to learn and enjoy for 6-weeks! The session dates will be July 6th - August 16th.
- Also found on our Enrolled Families section of our website will be additional videos including musical crafts, lullabies, song covers, parent education, and more.
- Kazoo song collection music (songbook, CD, download code) will be mailed directly to your home.
- Access to videos from our very own Uncle Gerry, exclusively for enrolled families.
- Downloadable family resources (coloring pages, musical games, etc) from Music Together Worldwide website