Join us for a Music Together Outdoor Class in a Family Backyard for Mixed-ages - newborns to 5 year olds - and the grownups who love them!
- The class is taught in a host family backyard in Austin!
- Each weekly outdoor class will include songs, chants, dancing, lullabies, and instrument play led by Amanda Tholen, one of our fabulous Heartsong Music teachers.
- The 10-week Winter Session is from January 4th - March 14th.
- We are keeping the classes very small with 6 families maximum. Each family will bring their own blanket placed in the backyards at 10 feet distance from each other for social distancing purposes during the pandemic.
- Since this is outdoors, masks are not required when sitting on your blanket. Masks will be required when entering and exiting the backyard, when leaving your blanket, and when using the restroom at the host family's house.
- One home is near MoPac and 45th street and the class meets on Saturdays at 11am and another class at noon. And the other home is near 360 and 2222 and this class meets on Sundays at 10:30am. After you enroll for the Family Backyard class, we will contact you and let you know the specific address of the class.
- If there is inclement weather, the class will be taught on Zoom that week. If it is below 45 degrees or raining, your teacher will email you the day before with the Zoom invitation.
- Families will be required to sign a covid health and release form prior to the outdoor class each week, screening for fever/illness.
- Outdoor classes also include access to our Enrolled Family portal on our website with weekly pre-recorded videos, bonus videos, musical craft projects and more!
What is the cost and what is included in the Family Backyard class?
- $320 for the 10-week Winter Session Mixed-age Music Together® Outdoor Class in a Family Backyard which includes the service fee to Music Together which includes the songbook and CD and digital download code for all your devices. Families may use an installment payment plan of 50% deposit at registration and the balance on Feburary 15th, 2021.
- Families may purchase a bag of rhythm instrument for $30.00 (this includes 4 maraquitas, 4 egg shakers, 4 rhythm sticks, 2 bells, and 2 scarves) from our online store, or bring your own instruments from home.
- 10 weeks of pre-recorded videos on our Enrolled Family portal on our website.
- The Music Together BELLS songbook and CD and digital download music access code will be given to you by your teacher at your first outdoor class.
While Austin is in Stage 5 for COVID-19, we need to do our part to keep our musical community safe. Following the City of Austin's Stage 5 guidelines, we have decided to temporarily shift all Heartsong Music Together Outdoor classes to a Zoom format. Our goal is to transition seamlessly back to the in-person outdoor classes as soon as Austin returns to Stage 4 or lower. Rest assured that we are all dedicated to providing your family with a fun, developmentally appropriate, interactive and musical experience online - and know that we all can't wait to sing together once more in person.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding during these unprecedented times. Your continued support as we have adjusted to teaching during the pandemic means the absolute world to us.
Being together making Music Together, in person and online provides so many benefits for our children and ourselves; not least bringing us a sense of community. We need that more than ever!